Friday, July 24, 2009

Sleep?

Sleep…
Its been a while since I have posted but the lack of sleep is keeping me from time on the computer. Three weeks ago my Joanna changed. She went from a sleeping 6 to 8 hours at night and seldom any naps in the day to a baby that would not let us lay her down to sleep. At first I thought it was just her teething but she is still teething and no teeth are coming through. I never minded her getting up for a night time feeding but her waking every hour or two is making it hard to get a good night sleep. For now I am napping with her everyday but that has to stop since I start back to work in a week.

She goes to sleep quickly but if you lay her down she wakes up. Her eyes open and grow large and she whimpers like she is soooo scared. I have tried everything to lay her down but she does not want to loss that closeness with any person that is holding her. We tried letting her cry it out but I only made it 20 minutes and I was crying as hard as she was. It hurts my heart to leave her in the dark to cry. She cries even if you have a hand on her, she cries even if you are singing to her, she only stops crying if you pick her up. She has lost the ability to put herself back to sleep if she wakes up so that is left up to mommy which normally means nursing.

Well I am co-sleeping now. I have made half the couch into a bed and that is where Joanna and I sleep most every night now. I love cuddling with her but I miss sleeping with my hubby. Sleep…

I am taking the sleep issue one day at a time. I will celebrate the good nights and take the bad ones with a grin and a yawn. There are going to be set back but we are going to move forward no matter how slowly we crawl.

No comments:

Week 35

Week 35
Me and my Joanna